Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Vignette - Untitled

   It was just outside the window. Mountains raced along the road covered with snow. As they shifted backwards, they blended with the sky. Snow had bloomed on top of tree branches, swaying gently with the morning breeze. Mist was surrounding the mountains, like a silk scarf.
   But they were mountains I couldn't climb, a road I couldn't run on, and a sky I couldn't reach.
   I opened the window. My sigh flowed into the mist. I reached my hand out as far as possible, so that I could at least get the tip of my finger on the mist. But all there was on my palm was a single snowflake, slowly melting down. Tears of the mountains.


I don't have a title for this vignette. Can you help me find one? If it's okay to leave it untitled, let me know.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Charlie,

    It's just fine to leave a vignette untitled. Often vignettes are not a short story by themselves, but rather part of a short story or a sketch to describe a scene or situation for a story, so I think it's fine if you don't have a title.

    Nice work!

    ReplyDelete